Tuesday, July 27, 2010

For the Love of Watermelon

Yesterday was watermelon introduction day. Needless to say it was a hit! Lydia gets the love of watermelon honestly! She ate it through the mesh feeder and chowed down in no time. She is still having a hard time picking up small, wet pieces of fruit, so the feeder comes in handy. I have found cutting the watermelon in half and scooping it out with an ice cream scoop is the quickest and easiest way for me to "cut it up." I am pretty sure Lydia and I will go through some serious watermelons for the rest of the summer!
I stumbled upon a really great food storage website: http://www.stilltasty.com/ I feel like I am always guessing how long food will last safely, and now I have a quick place to check. I am trying to be more careful about food storage since I am feeding it to my sweet girl!
A friend showed me this money saving website and it has been really helpful so far!




Who wants green beans after watermelon?!


2 comments:

Ryan and Ellen Gray said...

bahahahaha! Her green bean face made me laugh out loud! Hysterical! Great pics, Ash. And thanks for those helpful websites :)

Britt said...

Thanks for the link to mommyoctopus - it does look easier to use than a lot of other coupon sites.
I love the photos of Lydia. Her watermelon face is very different from her green bean face. She's so cute!