Thursday, January 21, 2010

Month of Firsts!

Time for a much needed post finally!! Wow, what a crazy past few weeks! It has been a month full of firsts for our baby girl. Just to name a few: first Christmas, first time to meet her extended family, first time to sleep away from home, first time to walmart(not her favorite-screamed half the time!), first time to see lots of snow, first time to take a road trip on icy roads (I was freaking out, but Brian and Lyd were completely calm), first time to refuse a bottle(not good), and as of today, first little giggle!! I cannot believe she is almost 3 months old! At her 2 month doctors appointment, she weighed 11.6 lbs and 23.5 inches long. She is a growing girl for sure! And as for the hair, I have only seen evidence of 1 strand falling out, so she obviously still has a head full.
We had such a blast with her over the holidays. We spent Christmas Day and weekend with my family and New Years weekend in Chattanooga with Brian's family. Both families are growing rapidly with spouses and kiddos! At first, Lydia was not the happiest camper, evidenced by the most frequently given compliment being her good set of lungs! She quickly got used to being in new places and was back to her happy self. The second weekend in Jan, we went to Pigeon Forge. Brian was meeting some buddies to go back packing in the smokies and I stayed with Ellen and Ryan. We did not realize the snow would be so intense! I cannot believe we made it alive. Lydia handled the long trip great. We had a great time hanging out with the Grays and even got to catch the Holts for dinner.
Since we have been back in town, I have been trying to catch up on regular household stuff, which now takes about 3 times as long. I cannot believe it is almost time for me to go back to work! Feb 5 is my first day back. Thankfully, I am only having to work one 12 hr shift per week. I plan to work on Brian's day off, so he can babysit. I am doing some trial and error tying to get her to take a bottle easily again. She got out of practice while we were traveling and now decided she only wants the real deal. Any tips are welcome! I cannot begin to explain how blessed we feel everyday. The Lord has been so good to us.

Fun past time: Blowing bubbles


My sweet girls!


We love her smile!!


Concentrating


Beautiful eyes


Family photo at the Grays


The gals and their babies! Can't wait to meet baby Gray in July!


Can't wait to meet baby Webber in June!


Loving on Great Grandma Cosby


Hanging on Moo


Our Winter Girl


We love our annual Harris/Kendrick Christmas reunion. We sure missed Jud and Li!


Snuggling with Moo


Cosby/Echerd Christmas. Can't wait to meet baby Echerd #2 in March!


Growing Families!! Lydia is going to have so much fun with her cousins!


First cousin meeting. Hayes is welcoming Lydia to the family!

No comments: